Monday, December 03, 2007

Thanksgiving Day and Wisdom Teeth

This Thanksgiving we went to Andy parent's house. I was in charge of making the Green Bean Casserole. Pretty easy I have to say. I pretty much lounge around the house all day and munched on food and snacks because the next day I have to have my wisdom teeth pulled. I wasn't looking forward to it all. I think I have been putting it off for about 3 years now. They never really started bothering me till this year. So I had my final meal on Thanksgiving and stuffed myself full. I couldn't eat anything 6 hours before time nor drink.

That next morning I woke up not wanting to go. Andy was getting ready and I was sitting on the couch starting to tear up because I don't like the dentist. So I called my mom and she calmed me down as always. She talked me through what was going to happen and your going to be OK. The things that mom always says. When I arrived my heart was racing and I was nervous. When the lady called my name I looked at Andy with a scared looked.

I told the nurse I was nervous and she said you have nothing to worry about your in good hands. I was indeed! They had me sit in the famous chair and relax with some laughing gas. By that time I had calmed down some. The doc came in and said , alright I'm going to start the IV. He started it and I don't remember a thing...

I was so happy when I was done and I was so tired and drugged up. They give you some good meds, that's for sure...

It's been about a week or so now and I'm just now to the point where I can eat normal food again. I was so happy. Still a little pain when I chew on certain sides but all is well. It was a good experience to say the least.

No comments: