Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Cooking

This past week I decided I was going to make dinner before Andy got home from work. Normally I would wait because I hate cooking, I think I get that from my mom. Anyways though I had a craving for stuffing, like you eat at Thanksgiving, so I went to the store and got a box and I was going to make that with some chicken and veggies. That didn't happen so much. As I was standing in the store, I started to read the back of the box with some recipes on it. If you look on that back of the box you will find it saying, 1 box 3 meal ideas ,30 minutes... So I started liking this recipe for Easy Chicken Bake... Sounded easy and what not and I had all the ingredients. So I followed the directions and it says 30 mins, wrong, it cooked for like an hour just because of the chicken. But in the end Andy came home we ate dinner and he liked it and I was proud of myself for cooking something besides stir fry... Here's the recipe if you would like to try it....

Easy Chicken Bake- Stove Top


Ingredients


1 pkg.(6oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken

1 Cup of Hot Water

1 - 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1 inch pieces

1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

1/3 cup of Sour Cream

1 bag 16(oz) of mixed vegetables


1.Preheat over to 400F. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the dry stuffing mix evenly on bottom of 13x9 baking dish and set aside. Add hot water to remaining stuffing mix, stir just until moistened and set aside.


2. Place chicken over dry stuffing mix in baking dish. Mix soup, sour cream and vegetables, spoon over chicken. Top with prepared stuffing.


3.Bake 30 mins or until chicken is cooked through.


E N J O Y


1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

way to go, Sunita!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!