Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Whistling Straits in Wisconsin



So Andy and I had the oppurtunity to go watch the golf tournament at Whistling Straits. I had gotton tickets from one of my managers at work. So it took us about 2 1/2 hours to get there but of course we stopped for breakfast along the way. I couldn't go with out my English muffin and hash brown... Anyways though it was to be like 98 degress there today and boy was it... We got there and parked and the time you walk from your car to the first hole, your out of breath. We were standing at the 1st hole and watching the golf and all of sudden it was beginnging to be hard for me to breath. I told Andy I have to go to the shade, and of course this course had no shade what so ever. Lucky us we had two club passes that I also got. We went back and sat in there where they had air conditioning. I sat there for a good 20 mins or so and cooled off and regained engery. The lady was nice to tell us with our tickets that we could take the shuttle to the 18th hole and sit up there. So Andy and I went to the gift store and I got a hat to protect my face from the heat and then we caught the shuttle to the 18th hole. We pretty much stayed around there the whole time . I found some shade and it was fine and cool there... It was an exciting adventure and I look forward to going to other golf tournaments.... Here's a picture of the club house. It's so pretty there, and it's on the lake!!!




No comments: